Once iCloud Sync is turned ON, you shouldn’t need to do anything to keep your devices in-sync. This guide is designed to resolve any sync related problems. Start at the top and proceed down until the problem is resolved. It takes approximately 5 minutes to complete from start to finish.
Note: Because Lumen Trails comes in 8 colors, the actual icon name is Daily Tracker, Money Tracker etc. (not Lumen Trails). So when we refer to Lumen Trails below, simply launch one of the Lumen Trails apps that you have installed. You can only synchronize data between apps of the same color.
First Time Sync Setup
Launch Lumen Trails (the one with your existing data), go to Settings > Device Sync & Options and turn iCloud Sync ON. You will be asked to confirm if your data is on this device, or in the iCloud. Choose this device. Once your data gets uploaded, launch Lumen Trails on your other device(s), turn iCloud Sync ON, but this time choose in the iCloud option to restore data from the iCloud. Your devices will be kept in sync going forward.
Normally it takes about 5-10 seconds for your data to get synchronized between devices. Your local changes get uploaded to iCloud only after you press the home button and the app transitions to background. This is done in order to reduce network usage and conserve battery life.
Troubleshoot: Devices Stopped Synchronizing
- Make sure both devices are connected to internet (ideally WiFi).
- Make sure you are signed-in to iCloud (go to iPhone Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store)
- Make sure iCloud Drive is ON (go to iPhone Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store > iCloud and make sure iCloud Drive is ON)
- Make sure you have plenty of space in the iCloud (go to iPhone Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store > iCloud)
- Make sure your Date & Time is set correctly (go to iPhone Settings > General > Date & Time)
- Launch Lumen Trails on all your devices and wait a few seconds. Devices synchronize only when the app is running. It’s possible that you made some changes while you were offline and you haven’t launched the app since (and hence your changes did not get uploaded to iCloud yet).
- Are you connected to internet using a cellular network or WiFi? If cellular, go to iPhone Settings > Cellular and make sure Cellular Data is ON. Scroll to the bottom and make sure Use Cellular Data for Lumen Trails is ON as well.
- Make sure Lumen Trails is connected to iCloud (go to Lumen Trails Settings > Device Sync & Options)
- Restart all your devices (press and hold the power button). Here’s how to restart iPhone X or later.
Did your devices stop synchronizing recently without you changing any settings? If so, it’s likely a temporary iCloud issue. Wait a few hours before performing the steps below or contact Apple Support.
Troubleshoot: Reset iCloud Sync
- Launch Lumen Trails on all your devices, go to Settings > Device Sync & Options and turn iCloud Sync OFF.
- On the device which has all your Lumen Trails data, go to iOS Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage > Lumen Trails, tap the Edit button, then Delete All. This will not delete your local data.
- Launch Lumen Trails, then go to Settings > Device Sync & Options and turn iCloud Sync ON. You will be asked to confirm if your data is on this device, or in the iCloud. Choose this device. Once your data gets uploaded, launch Lumen Trails on your other device(s), turn iCloud Sync ON, but this time, pick in the iCloud option. Your devices will be kept in sync going forward.
If you’ve reached this far and your devices are still not synchronizing (and you aren’t getting any errors) then most likely it’s a temporary iCloud problem. Check sync status by opening Lumen Trails, and then going to Settings > Device Sync & Options.
Feel free to contact us from within the app if you experience any problems: launch Lumen Trails, tap the Settings button, and then Contact Us. You’ll hear from us within 24 hrs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use iCloud Sync as backup?
Yes and No. iCloud Sync can serve as backup if you lose your device, or get a new one. However, keep in mind that if you delete something from Lumen Trails, that delete will propagate to all your other devices. For this reason, iCloud Sync should not be used as backup. Instead, you can use Google Drive for automatic daily backups. This will allow you to restore Lumen Trails to an arbitrary point in time.